Still haven't flown a plane...but....
It's a navy pilot joke... but with a serious message...
It's from the head in our classroom hallway (If you don't get it, I can explain..).
I get to wear flight suits and boots starting tomorrow. That means I get to show up to work wearing the green flame-retardant jumpsuit, boots and my garrison cover (hat). So although I'm not a pilot yet, I'll at least look the part. Not only that but I'll be able to be free of button down shirts, shiny belt buckles, insignia backs that poke through my undershirt and all the other accoutrements and daily annoyances that come with the more traditional Navy uniforms that I've been wearing almost every day for the past 4 years.
also, I took my Navigation test this morning at 6am. It was far and away the hardest test I've taken here. I studied fairly obsessively since about Sunday or so... which means that I put the most amount of work towards it than any of the other tests. Despite all that, I felt little confidence going into the test and even less coming out. I actually started to run out of time during the 2 hour 10 minute 50 question test. I abandoned all procedure and made educated guesses on the last three questions (luckily they were all multiple choice, so I had a shot).
Anyways, after an hour of class and making jokes about how much certain parts of us hurt from the experience, we got the results back.
Somehow I managed to only miss one question and got the best score yet... .which is nice, it's counted double because it's the most involved/in depth test.
We start survival training next week, which should be exciting...
we'll learn how to escape from sinking helicopters, kill small animals and eat wild plants.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home